RULA’s Digital Media Experience Lab (DME) supports teaching innovation and experiential learning, giving students the opportunity to get their hands on state-of-the-art new technologies.
The DME aims to provide students with the tools they need to explore, create, and innovate. Students can attend workshops, guest lectures, and tutorials to enhance their digital educational experience. It operates as a technology lending library, where students can borrow new and interesting technologies to experiment with and incorporate into their own projects.
- High-end Macs & PCs
- 3D printers from Printrbot and LulzBot
- Raspberry Pis, Intel Edisons, MakeyMakeys, and Arduinos
- Oculus Rift
- Dot & Dash robots
- Myo Gesture Control Armbands
- Cameras, mini-projectors, recorders and studio equipment
- Unity, Unreal, and Twine for game development
- Premier, AfterEffects, Lightroom, Photoshop, and the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite for video and photo editing
- 3D Studio Max, Maya, MeshMixer, and Cura for 3D modelling
- Arduino IDE for physical computing
- MATLab, AutoCAD, Processing, and ArcGIS for visualization