As a welcoming space for the Ryerson community to meet and socialize, the two-storey entrance of the SLC is available to book for campus activities and events.
Known as the Amphitheatre, the L-shape space is filled with tiered casual seating for approximately 100 people. This overlooks an open-concept floor with over 800 square feet of unobstructed space, with standing room for approximately 90 people.
All Amphitheatre bookings will be considered in accordance with the following guidelines: Your activity must:
- Be reputation-enhancing by design
- Enhance the academic and overall student experience
- Be intentional in its effort to collaborate with an existing group/initiative/activity/resource on campus
- Be welcoming to any student or Ryerson community member
- Be inclusive in considering how to make the activity accessible by minimizing barriers for attendance
While the Amphitheatre can be used for lecture or classroom-style activities, priority will be given to activities that are non-traditional in their approach. Get creative! Think of new ways to use the space, deliver programming, and engage your participants. Check out the space and get inspired with how you can make use of the Amphitheatre for your next activity. Contact email@example.com with any questions about the use of this space, or if you would like to request a site visit.
Ready to book the Amphitheatre? Select a link below to get started.