The SLC SEAL Team Student Engagement and Leadership Award is now accepting applications! This $1000 award recognizes two students annually (one undergraduate & one graduate) who have showcased high levels of student engagement and leadership across Ryerson University while maintaining academic excellence.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, October 31, 2019.
The SLC SEAL Team Award recognizes students who have showcased high levels of student engagement and leadership across Ryerson University while maintaining academic excellence.
“The SLC SEAL Team is a dedicated group committed to making the SLC a world-class destination. Working together and collaborating with various stakeholders, they foster student engagement and pride of place ensuring the SLC is a physical manifestation of Ryerson’s spirit.” —SEAL Team Mission Statement
The SLC Student Engagement and Leadership (SEAL) Team emerged from what was always envisioned for the SLC—a place responsible for driving student participation and enhancing the Ryerson experience. As such, the SEAL Team focuses on taking an innovative approach to ensure students are connected to resources and programming while fostering a culture of engagement and collaboration. As a result, Ryerson students demonstrate strong pride of place and are primed to create exceptional experiences. The SLC SEAL Team applauds students who embody these values. With this award, the SLC SEAL Team will recognize two students annually who personify these ideals and contributes to enhancing Ryerson’s overall reputation.
$1,000. Two annual awards; to be given to one undergraduate student, and one graduate student.
To be eligible for this award the student must:
- Be registered as a full-time undergraduate student or graduate student at Ryerson University and have maintained a clear academic standing
- Recipients from past years are eligible to apply, with no limitation on the number of years any one student can receive providing their application includes new and relevant examples since the last awarding.
- Current SEAL members are not eligible to apply if they are selected to be a member of the Award Selection Committee.
A student must submit:
- A cover letter (approximately 500 words) or a video (1-2 minutes) outlining how they have exemplified student engagement and leadership at Ryerson University. The selection committee will be looking for examples of how their actions have directly contributed to, and how it enhanced the Ryerson community, student experience, and enhancing Ryerson’s reputation. The recipients will have demonstrated how they have brought about change with genuine impact by way of their great ideas taking shape.
- Peer reference letter (approximately 500 words) or a video (1-2 minutes) outlining the applicant’s impact on creating excellent student experience. Providing first-hand / personal experiences as to how the peer was positively impacted.