The SLC is looking for SLC Specialists.
Contract starts Sept 3rd, 2019 and ends April 30th, 2020.
The SLC Specialists are key members of Ryerson’s Student Learning Centre’s (SLC) frontline team known as the Student Engagement and Leadership (SEAL) Team. The SEAL Team is a dedicated group committed to making the SLC a world-class learning destination. We collaborate with various stakeholders to foster student engagement and pride of place, ensuring the SLC is a physical manifestation of Ryerson’s spirit.
Reporting to the SLC Assistants, Specialists enhance Ryerson’s reputation by providing excellent customer service, assisting in the daily operations of the SLC, and embodying the SLC Principles. We pride ourselves in ensuring students are integrated into the core of operations as this demonstrates the importance Ryerson places on student-centred ideas and decisions.
This position is an exciting opportunity to:
- Gain experience working as part of a supportive team focused on professional development
- Gain experience in problem solving by participating in staff hackathons, providing feedback, and supporting events and students with on the floor decision making
- Enhance skills in data organization using technology and traditional means
- Learn to communicate effectively using an interoffice messaging app, radios, and email
- Gain experience providing world class customer service
- Enhance presentation skills with opportunities to guide tours
Find the job posting HERE.
Or, log into the Ryerson Career Boost site and search under “Other On-Campus Job Opportunities” for the SLC Specialist posting. This position is NOT a Career Boost position.
Interview spots are filling fast.
Deadline: July 5th, 2019, 4:30 PM EST
We look forward to hearing from you!