The Sheldon & Tracy Levy Student Learning Centre (SLC) is home to five academic stakeholders that play a unique role in contributing to the SLC’s shared success. Championing student engagement and leadership, the SEAL Team is a dedicated group of students and staff at the forefront of the SLC. We work with Student Life & Learning Support (SLLS), Academic Accommodation Support & Test Centre, DMZ Sandbox, Ryerson University Library’s Isaac Olowolafe Jr. Digital Media Experience (DME), and the School of Performance to deliver a diverse yet cohesive SLC experience.
The SLC is infused with collaboration, exemplified through its governing and operating model that integrates a blend of students, staff and faculty at every level.
Together, we designed the SLC principles to reflect Ryerson’s values and vision, ensuring a world-class learning destination for students.
- Respect the needs of the students
- Maximize use of the SLC in ways that support the first principle and promotes academic stakeholder activity
- Leverage opportunities for student and Ryerson community engagement
- Foster a dynamic environment
- Enhance Ryerson University’s reputation
From innovative learning to progressive governing models, the SLC is a physical manifestation of Ryerson’s spirit, engaging students and promoting their success through exceptional experiences.